District No. 71 – Stromberg School
If you have photos or memories of the school to share, please contact us.
|YEARS SCHOOLS BUILT||N/A|
|MODERN ADDRESS||Located in section 2 of the Forest Lake Township.|
|NOTES||*District formed from districts 38, 56, and 67.
*The first term was held in an old cottage near the residence of an A.L. Stromberg for 2 months. The blackboards were made of cloth.
*School was 7 months long.
*The class also consisted of parents who were students.
*In 1898, the school was supplied with new books. Enrollment in 1898: 22 students.
|MEMORIES:||“Upon entering, the scene is much more pleasing. If school is in session we will come face to face with about 22 bright-looking, busy children. The room is pleasant and well lighted by six windows, 3 on each side. In the back of the room we will see a nice blackboard, also one between the doors, while on one side hangs a nice case of maps.” -Stillwater Gazette, May 1898|
|1898-9: Edith Weberg
1903-4: Minnie Martinson
1907-8: Ranghild Stromberg
Other teachers: (1892-8): Herbert O. Grubbs, Edith Lundell, Anna Rockstroh, Selma Holcombe. Effie Posten (the first teacher).