Become A Member
Become a member of the Washington County Historical Society
Membership is one way that you can help support the Washington County Historical Society. Your membership helps us collect, preserve, and disseminate the history of Washington County for county residents and visitors in the belief that a historical perspective enhances our understanding of community and sense of place. Your membership also helps us operate two interpretive museums showcasing county heritage, provide educational programs to schools and to the public, assist researchers to document their family history, investigate and publish county history books, and showcase county history through exhibitions and displays throughout the county.
Benefits of membership:
- FREE admission to the Warden’s House Museum in Stillwater and Hay Lake Museum Complex in Scandia
- Discounts on purchases in the museum gift shop (10% Individual & Family members, 15% Patron & Sustaining members)
- FREE use of WCHS library and research center
- Subscription to Historical Whisperings, the society’s quarterly newsletter
- Discounts on tickets to membership meetings
- And most importantly, knowing that your membership dollars support the preservation of our treasured past for generations to come
The Washington County Historical Society has depended on membership ever since it was formed in 1934. Please show your support for the organization by becoming a member today.
To join, click here for a membership form.
Frequently Asked Questions about WCHS Membership
When do I need to renew?
Memberships expire December 31 of each year.