- This event has passed.
Grand Opening of the Washington County Heritage Center
October 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
The moment we’ve all been waiting for…the Grand Opening of the brand-new Washington County Heritage Center!
Admission is FREE for the grand opening – bring your families and friends!
Events and Performances:
- “Accent,” a string duet consisting of Stillwater natives Travis Peterson (violin) and Jess Peterson (viola). Expect to hear selections from Bach to The Beatles and everything in between
- “Curtis & Loretta,” a husband and wife duo performing traditional songs from America and the British Isles as well as originals. Dressed in 1800s costumes, they make history come alive with their seamless harmonies and period instruments
- Paul Bunyan: Younger visitors during the grand opening will also have their own version of axe throwing, and can meet and talk with the biggest lumberjack of them all!
- Axe throwing and log cutting in the front lawn provided by world champion lumberjacks Jim and Jamie Fischer
- Noon-2pm: Indigenous Drumming and Dancing in the Royal Credit Union Education Center
After the grand opening the Heritage Center will be open Tuesday through Sundays 10am to 4pm. Cost for admission will be $8 for adults and $3 for kids [6-17]. Members of the Washington County Historical Society get free admissions to all the WCHS historic sites.