Mahtomedi School students in 1926

Mahtomedi School students in 1926

If you have any photos or memories of the school to share, please contact us.

District No. 69, Mahtomedi
DISTRICT FORMED 1870
YEARS SCHOOLS BUILT N/A
GENERAL LOCATION N/A
MODERN ADDRESS Located at Quail St. in Mahtomedi
DISTRICT BOUNDARIES N/A
DISPOSITION Now a Residence
NOTES
  • The school was originally in Grant town.
  • School was 8 months long.
  • Enrollment in 1890: 13 students. In 1898: 19 students.
  • School was first held in 1890 in Mr. Hans Johnson’s house. A school was built the following year in a natural oak grove.
  • Another school was later built somewhere else to accommodate more students and the old school was sold, and became a first and second grade school while the new school house grades 3-8.
  • In 1930, the high school was built and grades 5-8 went there for classes.
MEMORIES: N/A

Known Teachers:

1890: Elizabeth Norton
1897-8: Alice Hawthorne
Other teachers: (before 1898): Ethel French, Mary Betaque, Jennie Hanson. (after 1898): Ellen Simmons (20s), Lenore Peters (20s).