Mahtomedi School students in 1926
If you have any photos or memories of the school to share, please contact us.
District No. 69, Mahtomedi
|YEARS SCHOOLS BUILT
||Located at Quail St. in Mahtomedi
||Now a Residence
- The school was originally in Grant town.
- School was 8 months long.
- Enrollment in 1890: 13 students. In 1898: 19 students.
- School was first held in 1890 in Mr. Hans Johnson’s house. A school was built the following year in a natural oak grove.
- Another school was later built somewhere else to accommodate more students and the old school was sold, and became a first and second grade school while the new school house grades 3-8.
- In 1930, the high school was built and grades 5-8 went there for classes.
|1890: Elizabeth Norton
1897-8: Alice Hawthorne
Other teachers: (before 1898): Ethel French, Mary Betaque, Jennie Hanson. (after 1898): Ellen Simmons (20s), Lenore Peters (20s).